1) Last Friday night we went to Woodberry Kitchen. Super trendy, loud. Brick walls, built into an old foundry. Small plates, funky food, all organic. On the pricey side.
Lots of "important" or at least self-important people were there. Waitstaff highly fashionable.
2) Saturday night went to Dizzy Issie's, a neighborhood bar. Small place. BIG plates. Guinness and Stella Artois on draft. Flat screen TV's. A real blue collar area in Remington. (also had brick walls). But the chef was really good. Had a fine NY Strip, with string beans and sweet potato fries and my wife had Bouillabaise (Yes, in a bar!). Working folks eating there. Baltimore's best people.
I liked the 2nd place a whole lot better and, as you might figure, it was half the price.
Original Post
I'm a wine and beer guy! I usually go with beer in more "bar" type places...something about getting a glass of wine at a pub that just doesn't feel right. Besides, with that black bean soup the Guinness will do great!

That said, we're doing wine tomorrow night, as well as the MD Cru Offline on Saturday...so I think a few beers Sunday might be a good way to end the weekend!
Dizzy Issie's is my spot... it IS Baltimore, to me. I first went there in January of this year... my very first trip to Baltimore. When I moved here in March, before even getting home my first stop was Dizzy Issie's. My favorite choices are off the specials menu... I don't think I've EVER ordered off the regular, printed menu. The various cheesesteak wraps and burgers are always great.

I live about a 7 minute walk away... so, yes, I try to get there as often as possible.

Hope you enjoyed it if you got over there...
quote:
Originally posted by only1:
I live about a 7 minute walk away... so, yes, I try to get there as often as possible.

Hope you enjoyed it if you got over there...

Welcome to town! I live in Hampden (near the Rotunda) and do monthly wine tastings through my website (see signature). Tastings are generally 15-20 people, sometimes blind, either at a restaurant or my house, and are themed. Also, we stick to a $20 per bottle limit- which keeps it interesting!

If you're ever interested in joining us, drop me a line!

Add Reply

Likes (0)