Yippee, finally, an Italian non-amarone that we like! It needed some time after opening (it was not decanted) but we had it with thick-cut lamb loin chops, alongside the 2000 Chateau Reynella shiraz, and it did very well, after an hour or so. Finished the bottle today and it was even better.

Ws gave this only 85 points, and said "A clean red, with dried cherry and mineral character. Medium-bodied. Light and fresh finish." Hmmmm. I'd agree with the dried cherry and minerals, but also there was some spice and light mint. It was medium-bodied, but I would not call it "light". In any case, we liked it a lot, and I'd give it 88 points.

IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME!

for the September TAA:

1997 Fonseca LBV port.

Post your TNs now. If you are merely confused by all these acronyms, follow this thread....

https://forums.winespectator.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=9306023451&f=6826053161&m=89260512
Original Post
bman,

I'm a little confused. Didn't you post notes on this wine yesterday in this thread?

La Bracessca VNdM is an Antinori wine, but the two set of notes seem to conflict quite a bit. Regardless, I'm glad that you found a non-Amarone from Italy that you enjoyed. Smile

If you're still visiting in November, we'll definitely have an offline and I'll open an Italian that you're sure to enjoy.
I guess we DID have too much to drink last night, eh? Red Face I confess that I posted that note after drinking only a bit of it, we liked it much better later in the evening, perhaps after the muscle of the Reynella wore off a bit. And finishing the bottle today, we liked it even more. Though we never did find all those descriptors listed in the catalogue, that I quoted in the other TN.

Guess I'd better do something about that note before anyone else sees my split personality.

(bman shuffles slowly out of the thread backwards, with head bowed..... Wink)

IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME!

for the September TAA:

1997 Fonseca LBV port.

Post your TNs now. If you are merely confused by all these acronyms, follow this thread....

https://forums.winespectator.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=9306023451&f=6826053161&m=89260512
lol bman. It's alright. I'm just glad you found another Italian wine to enjoy. As a side note, you might be better off drinking it before the big Shiraz next time. Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.