Skip to main content

I've been a buyer of this constant-low 90's-pointer since the 1993 vintage. Maybe I stop buying it now, because with the recent vintage it went over USD 30 and there it has a lot of competition with other good QPR-wines. It's a pitty that the best Sardinian reds are going over the hill with their prices now (Turriga is even worse!)

Nice nose of sweet fruit from the bottle. Decanted for half an hour. After that, notes of licorice and slightly of anice in the nose. Discrete on the palate, oak and tannins are built in very well. Medium bodied and a good, warm finish with some chocolate notes, tannins still a little bit drying in the end. Although not as good as either the 1993 or the 1994, I'd give it 90P.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Andreadago, I can buy the Terre Brune 1998 here for around EUR 32 and the Turriga 1998 for EUR 38. I still prefer the Turriga and I think it is a buy for this price. I'm not sure with the Terre Brune, as you said I've tasted the 1997 and it didn't convince me. Maybe I give the 1998 another try.
Most astonishing is, that in Sardegna, you cannot find either of these wines except in some enotecas which have ridiculous prices. An example: In Santa Teresa di Gallura a bottle of Terre Brune costs EUR 45, a bottle of Turriga EUR 70 - 150, depending on the vintage. The best restaurant in the zone, the "La Gritta" in Palau sells the Turriga for EUR 100 - 300, depending on the vintage. That's is far away from what it's worth and double ridiculous because this wine does not age very well. The 1991 and 1992 are already over the top, the 1993 is extremly mature and soon over as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.