Skip to main content

• 1995 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne - France, Champagne, Côte des Blancs, Champagne (4/23/2006)
    WIML95,WA96,~WS90-95

Tasted April 23, 2006 at Winetexs’ home in Austin, TX. Opened and served immediately in a Champagne flute provided by Winetex. Light yellow color in the glass, clear nose throughout. Nose of fresh yellow apple slices, pears and a touch of caramel. Flavors of crisp yellow apple, pear and citrus. Should drink well for 10 more years. Even at original release prices of close to $160.00-170.00 retail the value of this wine was acceptable at that time but at current retail prices such as Premier Cru’s price of $89.95 a bottle the value of this wine is simply outstanding and should be bought by the case at that price. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

1995 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne - France, Champagne (12/1/2008)
Harvest gold in color with an eyecatching, fine mousse. A gentle, complex nose of Almonds, bread dough, citus and a hint of minerality. Beautiful, crisp, mouth feel with bread and light lemon on the palate. Quite concentrated and crisp with a long fine finish where some of the stony minerality showed through. Still young (more approachable than the '96 and just as refined IMO) and will certainly benefit with a few more years of aging. A very high quality Champagne and an absolute pleasure to consume. (95 pts.)
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by Lakersguy:
Agree its better than the 96 today but I think the 96 will be better in about five years.

I'm not completely sure it's better than the '96 today. Possible. Very close, these two. I really think I need to take the opportunity to compare these two side-by-side. Smile

I have tasted side by side as the 95 tastes more mature or ready. The 96 is tight with all the stuffing to be better than the 95. The 95 is more enjoyable for me today but the 96 Comtes may become the best Comtes in a very long time. The Taittinger website as I recall says it was the best year for their fruit since 1928.
quote:
Originally posted by Lakersguy:
I have tasted side by side as the 95 tastes more mature or ready. The 96 is tight with all the stuffing to be better than the 95. The 95 is more enjoyable for me today but the 96 Comtes may become the best Comtes in a very long time. The Taittinger website as I recall says it was the best year for their fruit since 1928.

Good information, Lakersguy.
Thank you. Wink
  • 1995 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne - France, Champagne (2/13/2010)
    Light gold in color. Upon opening a very aggressive, fine, beading and acidity bursting forth. Once allowed to settle, the acidity was to the forefront and dominated aromas of citrus, apple and baked bread. Concentrated and crisp in the mouth with a stony minerality with bread, lemon curd and almond on the palate. With time in glass however, this bottle settled right down. The aromas, while still those displayed in the beginning matured, gained complexity and flourished. All the young aggressivness melded into a superb showing with a very enjoyable long finish. Still quite young, this vintage has a long life ahead yet while showing very well now. Paired beautifully with Salmon Tartare. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.