I don't think I've ever had a wine that has so much variation, bottle to bottle! Most have been excellent, but I've had one bottle that was "corked", one that was "cooked", and one that was "maderized"! However, tonights bottle was different!

Parker rates this Bordeaux Pomerol, 97 points! I decanted this bottle for one hour. From the bottle, it was brick red and obvisously appeared to be mature..... The 1990 La Conseillante is a very seductive wine with its high content of Merlot. Layers of coffee flavors, red and black fruit dominated this bottle. It was very elegant and possessed a lushiness that one would expect from a vintage 1990 Pomerol. So, with that said, tonights bottle is a 96-98 point winner! Smile
Original Post
We had this wine Saturday night with Magret with a Pinot Noir reduction sauce, and Filet d'Agneau. It was tasted 1 3/4 hours after decanting.

The rich nose of plums and baked fruit with a little spice made itself known during decanting. It's elegant and complex without the expected power. Velvety flavors of dark berries, cherries, and plums were in perfect balance with the tannins and acidity. Ready now, though Parker says this should go many more years. 93 I can't agree with his 97 based on this bottle, though latour67 mentions bottle variation. He sent a bottle of this to our table 14 months ago and it seemed far from ready at that time.

Just one more sip.
Parker says to drink til 2017. This bottle didn't seem like it would go nearly that far, but I've been fooled with young wines tasting ready in the past, only to find them vastly improved years later.

Just one more sip.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.