Good fill. Capsule and label in very good condition. A friend bought this from a restaurant which closed; the bottle has been in temp controlled storage.
He's not sure what it will sell for; I told him I'd post it here. If interested, please email me your bid at: kenton_erwin@msn.com.

Wine is in Portland, OR
Original Post
Kenton,

Kenton Erwin Wines??? I don't understand! Why don't you buy it, and/or resell it?

What did your friend pay for that bottle?

It's available at retailers for $650! I think you would have better luck selling it on WineBid. Otherwise it would probably sell for about $300 on this site, considering the provenance. Just a guess!
quote:
I'll give you $350 for the bottle.

Thanks, everybody. I'll give this feedback to the bottle's owner, and see if he wants to proceed. He will be disappointed in the bottle's value, no doubt.
The reason I don't buy it from him is that I fear he's asking more than the market will bear. Knowingly taking losses is not part of my biz plan Wink
K
Kenton Erwin,

I have had the 1982 Haut Brion many times, and people seem to place the value on the "1982", instead of the real taste of the wine.

The 1982 Haut Brion is rated 94 points by WA, and 95 points by Wine Spectator. Like I mentioned above, this wine is only worth approximately $300, and once tasted, I'll bet the person would rather have a 2005 Shafer Hillside Select at $215 that the 1982 Haut Brion!

Add Reply

Likes (0)