I have a bottle of 1977 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Price $450. Please email me with additional questions or so that I can email or text pictures of the bottle's condition. I have classified ads on liquorlist.com, bottle-spot.com, and vinfolio.com. Please visit and contact me. 

Attachments

Images (5)
Original Post
dj 3 posted:
haggis posted:

Good luck with that.  One of the worst vintages in Bordeaux. 

Why would you do that?

why would I do what??

I have one of these too!   I am willing to sell it for half off- $225!  PM me.

I bought it for $20 in 2007.  It was sitting on the shelf without a price tag, and I commented to the wine manager that it's likely really horrible.  I told him I'd give him $20 for it and he took my offer!

It's a horrible vintage. It was OK to drink in 1980 like a Beaujolais, but it's been dead for 35 years.

I remember buying this at release. I think it was at Sam's Club. I knew nothing about wine, but I bought it for a friend who was heavily status conscious. I had heard Ch. Lafite Rothschild was supposed to be the best, and he didn't know any better, either. It would be another 15 years or so before I started to learn anything about wine.

dj 3 posted:
haggis posted:

Why would you do that?

Impede on my attempt to sell

billhike posted:

Was it a good match for salad and a ribeye back then?

Yes. Very much so. Even better now. Just don't over cook the steak and blame it on the wine. 

are you located in Etobicoke?

if you're the Ford i think you are - how about a 12-pack of Molson Canadian and a promotional sample 1g pre-rolled of aurora cannabis' finest indica?

James Gardens Parking lot meetup?  Not on a Leaf night obvs.

RFORD posted:
dj 3 posted:
haggis posted:

Why would you do that?

Impede on my attempt to sell

Impeding a sale are (a) a poor vintage and (b) a ridiculous asking price. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.