Skip to main content

I've had this standing up for a month now and haven't opened anything special in a while, so I said, what the hell, and opened it. It had some extra appeal since we stayed in Flagey-Echezeaux last summer. I didn't take any notes, but the floral nose was apparent during careful decanting off a moderate amount of sediment. It took about 15 minutes to really shine. Loads of bright berry flavors and an incredibly long finish are the hallmarks of this wine. Hard to find a fault, but it just wasn't as wow as I'd hoped. 94-95. I have one left and will not be in a hurry to open it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You won't see it very often from me anymore. I've had a lot of DRCs from the 1930s, 1960s, and 1970s, but I'm down to a few and won't be buying anymore. The most expensive ones I bought were two 1976 Romanee-Contis at $200 apiece at release. Seems dirt cheap by today's standards.

I made some concotion of veal, prosciutto, asparagus, and mozzarella cheese in the oven. It wasn't very good, but the wine was. Just the 2 of us.

Dok, get yourself down here sometime.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Well, my Romanee-Contis are all gone. My cellar log is downstairs, but I have about 5 or 6 DRCs left, and I know I'll never buy another.

I only have one 1988 DRC, the other is a 1993 St. Vivant (DRC), and I might open that one. Anyway, I'm not buying any DRC's again, and for the most part, I through with Bordeaux----just takes too long for maturity, and/or costs too much.
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
A producer I doubt I'll ever have the consumate joy of experiencing. I will suffice to enjoy vicariously via notes such as this. A very enjoyable read, Board-O.

K, what the hell? It's not like you don't have friends anymore... don't worry, you'll have a few DRCs when the time comes Cool

Smile A sudden wave of warmth via expressed friendship just swept over me, Impulse.
I feel much better now.

And I greatly look forward to the future opportunity to share one of these with you. Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.