Celebrating the Jewish new year I opted to open something sweet to go with the sweet foods server throughout last nights meal.
Horrible at notes but here it goes....
Was a deep amber to deep copper color with a splash of red at times. Popped and poured (no decant time) and it was showing awesome out of the gate (bottle). Nose had orange and other fruits. Tasted awesome Pineapple, apples, oranges and honey all over the place (which turned out to go really well with both the deserts and leftover apples from beginning of the meal (apples and honey is traditionally served first at these meals). Also picked up some caramel after it was in my glass for a few minutes. Highly acidity with a strong finish. Was not sure about the wine based on it color initially but all concerns were subdued when I smelled it and I was so very happy when I tasted it. Glad I have a few more bottles as this wine tasted young and I believe it will have a long life ahead of it so I am holding them for at least another 5-10 years.

Highly recommend as a Passover wine lol
Original Post
I secure these bottles via zachys auctions last year if not mistaken. I can take a picture of the remaining bottles in the near future and link it here so that you can compare the color to your specturm counterpart.
I have a mini vertical of 71-76 so I am happy to hear you enjoyed the 76 as well board-o. I hope you and the wife did not take on much water or damage during the past few weeks.
I am fairly sure IW was referring to the 75 for $100 vintage as 59 is not available as per ws-pro. I would have no problems pullingthe trigger for 75 at the 100 dollar price point as long as you like this style of wine. It was an excellent bottle and a few of the attendees of the dinner contacted me in the following days to get more info on the bottle. My brother-in-law who is also a collector of wines grabbed 2 bottles this weekend based on trying it.
I've had several bottles of the 75 over the last few years. All wondeful, but they were ex-Chateau, reconditioned at the Chateau in 2006. I'm glad I still have a few left. They were part of a multi year ex chateau back vintage release. Good to keep an eye out for them if you're a Suduiraut fan.
There are currently no fewer than 85 bottles of this wine for sale on the Spectrum auction website, closing Thursday, in various numbers of bottles per lot, average price around $100 per bottle including buyer premium. Tempting, but I have plenty of aged sauternes and don't seem to drink much of it these days.
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
Yes I was talking about the '75. I saw 12 bott of the 1970 for $59 as well. That may be a worthwhile gamble as well. I wish I could find the '59 for a good price. If I buy the '75 I will report back.

IW
I'd be interested in the 1970.
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
Yes I was talking about the '75. I saw 12 bott of the 1970 for $59 as well. That may be a worthwhile gamble as well. I wish I could find the '59 for a good price. If I buy the '75 I will report back.

IW

Yes your are texted very true.. Life without wine no chance... pricing is too good

Add Reply

Likes (0)