I opened one of my 3 bottles for my birthday celebration (just me and my wife, as we are in COVID lockdown...bummer). The upside is that I had it all to myself!

Cork broken, but quite cleanly, so no big deal. Significant bricking, but with good color otherwise. With time the color actually deepened, a phenomenon I've noticed with other aged wines. Nose was amazing. Dark truffle around the edges, with a core of floral/herbal touches. Graphite and licorice. Palate was even more complex, with the above notes complemented with an earthiness and cherry.

As others have noted, this wine was bottled by Osvaldo Barisone, having bought it in demijohn from Francesco Rinaldi. I have not had the Rinaldi bottling, but by all accounts the Barisone is step above. I would love to hear from anyone who has tasted them side by side.

Original Post

Nice note haggis.  Thanks for posting it.  I do miss tasting notes from friends and fellow posters whose palates I'm either familiar with or trust.  

It'd be nice if two of our long time posters  (I'm talking to you futronic and wiml) would resume posting notes here.  It might be a small way to enliven this stale old forum.  I'll kick in as well, but I only drink 3-4 bottles a month these days. 

PH

Last edited by purplehaze

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.