hi my names Quin from Milford Ma... I was moving my grandmother who has a lot of old bottles of wine in her basement and she ended up giving me this bottle she doesn’t drink anymore and I myself am not a big drinker I was either going to save for a special occasion or sell if someone who appreciates it more then I would is interested. I have been doing a little research and seen most bottles selling around 600-900$ and the bottles looked a lot rougher then mine I’m willing to sell for 500$ OBO if anyone is interested please let me know the label and seal are still in excellent condition 7C39085A-7F63-43A1-83C1-A6B248E7D93FE7DDC062-5217-4681-8037-015F998963B31A22B763-0985-4C6B-9432-CD28265FF76BEF720AA2-022B-4003-85D7-CDE05B10F6AA

Attachments

Images (4)
Original Post

The label and seal will be of less concern than the storage conditions.  You mentioned a basement.  If you want anyone to pay you anything significant for this bottle, you'll need to have some information around storage (temperature, light, humidity etc.).  With old wine, how it's stored is far more important the seal and label, at least for anyone that's willing to pay any significant money. 

Good luck. 

It's a highly regarded rare bottle, the fill level looks good for age, the liquid looks clear and light colored, so I think you'll have no trouble getting at least US$400 for it.  If you want more than that, you may have to be patient.

Last edited by javachip

ive never seen that green foil before, I've only ever seen black, even on ones this old and it is usually so thin it is much more 'form fitting' than appears here.  Not necessarily an issue, but would raise questions for me as a buyer unless I saw there was independent confirmation this was a known method used by DP.

I am not an expert in Dom Perignon....far from it.  I note that your bottle says it contains 26 ounces.  Does Dom P put the volume in ounces on the front label? I would think it would be in ml.  But, as I say, I can't say that I'm that knowledgeable about this, though I have had the 2009 at the maison in Reims.

@irwin posted:

I am not an expert in Dom Perignon....far from it.  I note that your bottle says it contains 26 ounces.  Does Dom P put the volume in ounces on the front label? I would think it would be in ml.  But, as I say, I can't say that I'm that knowledgeable about this, though I have had the 2009 at the maison in Reims.

shhh it's a real btl ;-)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.