Forgive my ignorance, but I know as much about champagne as I do about mathematical models of the planets in orbit.

I have an old, dusty bottle of 1969 Dom Perignon that my parents bought on their honeymoon in France a very long time ago. I have NO idea how it landed in my hands. I'm a budding oenophile for sure, but I (don't hate me) am not a huge fan of champagne. But it's here. I haven't a clue what to do with it and every once in awhile I remember I even have it! Dad suggested I use it to scour the toilet since it's so old, but I hesitate to write this bottle off.

Can champagne stick around for that long and still be drinkable? Should I continue to save this poor dusty bottle? The champagne is clear, not cloudy or ostensibly "bad" as far as the eye is concerned. It's still in the old (quite neat) box from France.

I'd appreciate any insights on this query. Because I'm either wasting space with an old, semi-interesting bottle, or sitting on something wonderful that someone out there might REALLY enjoy sharing.

Cheers!
Original Post

Add Reply

Likes (0)