For Sale: One 1.5L magnum of 1945 Mouton Rothschild. DDD9C68A-717F-4792-9D14-73ABA9E28FE529871B50-83BD-455B-8675-2B569BCD271BF562F52B-4FE1-4575-8826-3D789FBF9A0F

Attachments

Images (3)
Original Post
purplehaze posted:
tpewinedrinker posted:

i'll pay $3.50

I will seriously outbid your ass.  

Great to see your post.

PH

Cheers PH! Will I see you on one of the Spectator zoom meetups? If you’re in, I will hop on.  All my best sir.

Out of curiosity, I looked up this vintage on Wine Searcher. Amazing amount seems to be for sale in Hong Kong. It's like the more you buy, the more they have.

tpewinedrinker posted:
purplehaze posted:
tpewinedrinker posted:

i'll pay $3.50

I will seriously outbid your ass.  

Great to see your post.

PH

Cheers PH! Will I see you on one of the Spectator zoom meetups? If you’re in, I will hop on.  All my best sir.

Skoal, tpe!  

Not a likely participant in a zoom in the near future. You should hop on anyway!  You'd be a welcome addition, I'm sure.

PH

R.C. bottles from Bordeaux Wine Locators are batting around fifty/fifty.

You may want to get the bottle authenticated.

There is a reason that counterfeiters were leaving out the serial number.

If anyone buys this without authentication papers would be an idiot. A magnum of one of the best wines of the 20th century is so rare. If it was ex chateau and you could prove that, you could get a very large sum of money for this. 

IW

@csm posted:

Rudy bottles are probably more rare than the originals.  Not genuine, but more rare. 

And probably more spot on than the original in terms of taste. He was quite the magician and master blender

Last edited by mimik

“RC” bottles were supposedly late releases from the cellar. Obviously that practice opens a huge loophole.

Mouton has over the years rebouchée quite a few bottles, but I cannot recall ever seeing a magnum. I would need to check my database to see if the rebouchée bottles retained their original serial numbers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.