Skip to main content

In 2005, Purple Haze, Festiva (and his wife) and I (with my wife) had our first offline together at Tersiguel's restaurant in Ellicott City Maryland. We enjoyed this menu:

Salmon Tartare ;Foie gras with sweet potato and apple gastrique; Lobster custard served in an egg surprise with American caviar; Sauteed Skate with Black Butter; Magret of Hudson Valley Duck Au Poivre; Bœuf de Kobe Poele (Pan-seared top sirloin American Kobe beef from Snake River Farms, served with wild porcini mushroom ragoût); Salade Michel-Watercress, endive, Asian pears, pecans and bleu d’Auvergne tossed in Banyul vinaigrette; Crepes ala Fernand ;Lime & citrus crepes flambéed tableside.
It was $70, plus tip...no corkage, no room fee.
We drank: Piper Heidsieck NV x 2, 1995 Calon Segur, 1986 Chateau Canon, A Volnay I don't remember, and a 1997 d'Yquem (375)
We had a great time meeting each other and, I am happy to say, our friendships endure.  (Lentini couldn't make it because he was doing "birthing" classes with his wife.  Gentleman Farmer's computer was on the fritz so he missed it)
Sadly, M. Fernand Tersiguel, a native of Brittany and the owner of the restaurant, passed away this week.  We in the Maryland gang are toasting him virtually tonight.  He was a great chef and restauranteur.  Opened the restaurant 45 years ago.  He rebuilt after a fire, he rebuilt after a flood.  My wife and I had our first date there in 1982.  The restaurant continues to be operated by Fernand's son, Michel.
Repose en paix, notre ami.  Tonight, we in the Maryland crew will toast you with some fine wine (virtually) with dinner.

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.