$1000 to spend

1986 Mouton Rothschild...

In my opinion the single best bottle of wine to ever come out of Pauillac.

The 1995 Margaux, 1982 Petrus, and 1986 (and 96 for that matter) Lafite are all great wines, but none of them hold a candle to the 86 Mouton. Also, the 86 Mouton is a comparative bargain on the market today.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:

That's assuming there was enough left after taxes. I won 1000 dollars on a scratch ticket a few years ago and when I cashed it in at the state lottery office they had me fill out a form, kept 300 of it for the state and handed me the rest. Frown

Key point for all of us to remember. Bang

If Big Brother is watching, lets just say someone 'Hypothetically' handed you the cash, as you won it in a football pool. Hence, tax free.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Winecaptain:

Eek
+1. Bold statement winecaptain. Last time I had the 86 Mouton it was so tight and tannic it was hard to evaluate.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
quote:

Eek
+1. Bold statement winecaptain. Last time I had the 86 Mouton it was so tight and tannic it was hard to evaluate.

Agree with Glenn 100%. I bought a case based on Parker's raving and 100 point score. I've had 2 and if #3 is as tight as the others, I'll send the rest off to auction.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Eek

Agree with Glenn 100%. I bought a case based on Parker's raving and 100 point score. I've had 2 and if #3 is as tight as the others, I'll send the rest off to auction.
As long as the 1982 Pichon Lalande is around, that isn't even the best Paulliac in that decade, let alone all time.
quote:

I sent mine off 5 years ago to auction. Glad I did it as I spent the money on 98's 00's 01's and 03's that I think will offer much more pleasure before my 80th birthday.
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Eek

As long as the 1982 Pichon Lalande is around, that isn't even the best Paulliac in that decade, let alone all time.
Agree on that Pichon Lalande. Its my favorite 82 for drinking right now and might be my favorite overall, but time will tell.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
More importantly, what is the best vintage of Rousseau Chambertin that can be purchased for $1000 right now? And would you spend your money on it?

You can buy the 2002 for $600-$800, and yes, I bought along with Leroy.

Unless you know and trust the provenance a great deal, add $200-$300 and buy the 2005 in lieu of the '02. I'm predicting it may well turn out to be a perfect wine based on the samples I tasted.

Add Reply

Likes (0)