$1000 to spend

Thanks for all of the input. To come clean, last week I did have a 'scratch off' type situation happen, only in a football pool.

I have my eye on 3 bottles of '98 Krug that will eat up about half the winnings, and the other half goes to my wife to spend on shoes (happy wife, happy life).

We consider it 'found money' so we are having fun instead of being responsible.
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Thanks for all of the input. To come clean, last week I did have a 'scratch off' type situation happen, only in a football pool.

I have my eye on 3 bottles of '98 Krug that will eat up about half the winnings, and the other half goes to my wife to spend on shoes (happy wife, happy life).

We consider it 'found money' so we are having fun instead of being responsible.

3 pairs of shoes as well? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
One bottle. Make that winning ticket special!
+1.

Big +2

+3, but what bottle? I'd be looking for an '89 Haut Brion.
quote:
Suppose you won $1000 on a scratch off ticket, all your bills were paid, and you wanted to spend it on wine.

Take the girlfriend out, open a split of good Champagne, lick it off her body.

With whatever's left, buy a nice CdR to share with your wife.

Everyone ends up happy.
quote:
Originally posted by DBG:
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
One bottle. Make that winning ticket special!
+1.

Big +2

+3, but what bottle? I'd be looking for an '89 Haut Brion.
I'd go for 1990 Montrose, or maybe 1978 Rayas.
You can always find a reason to buy an affordable bottle of wine. If you're going to spend found money on wine, it should be the best 1 or 2 bottles that that money will buy. Something well outside the norm of easy purchasing is what would make it special.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
You can always find a reason to buy an affordable bottle of wine. If you're going to spend found money on wine, it should be the best 1 or 2 bottles that that money will buy. Something well outside the norm of easy purchasing is what would make it special.

Amen, brother.
My wife, confirming that I 100% found the right woman to spend my life with, told me she would skip the shoes and that I should spend it all on wine for us Winner

Already spent half on 3 bottles of '98 Krug Brut, going to take the rest of your advice and buy 1 bottle with the other half.

Keep the suggestions coming, they are all great
quote:
My wife, confirming that I 100% found the right woman to spend my life with, told me she would skip the shoes and that I should spend it all on wine for us Winner

Already spent half on 3 bottles of '98 Krug Brut, going to take the rest of your advice and buy 1 bottle with the other half.

Well with that said...Id take the $$ and buy her something I know she wants and buy the extra wine as well Smile
I'd probably go with a case of '06 Brunello while its still readily available (my wedding year). If not that I've always wanted to try a Krug Clos Du Mensil so Id probably grab one of those.

That's assuming there was enough left after taxes. I won 1000 dollars on a scratch ticket a few years ago and when I cashed it in at the state lottery office they had me fill out a form, kept 300 of it for the state and handed me the rest. Frown
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:

That's assuming there was enough left after taxes. I won 1000 dollars on a scratch ticket a few years ago and when I cashed it in at the state lottery office they had me fill out a form, kept 300 of it for the state and handed me the rest. Frown

Key point for all of us to remember. Bang
quote:

No question, one of the La-La's.
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

Everyone ends up happy.

Invite the wife and girlfriend in, one good bottle of Champagne and spend the rest on strippers.
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

Everyone ends up happy.

Invite the wife and girlfriend in, one good bottle of Champagne and spend the rest on strippers.

3 bottles and you can invite teh strippers in on the party.

Add Reply

Likes (0)