Skip to main content

Look away, Board-O ...

LCJ is on a soft release in November. Basically, this means "it ships when it ships" and there's no set release date ... although I've been told it'll be near or alongside the fifth. Here are the figures:

05 Le Grand Clos Pinot Noir
05 Le Grand Clos Chardonnay
05 Le Clos Pinot Noir
05 Le Clos Chardonnay
05 La Petite Terrace Pinot Noir
05 Village Reserve Pinot Noir
05 Village Reserve Chardonnay

04 Claystone Terrace Pinot Noir MAGS
04 Le Grand Clos Pinot Noir MAGS

Also, on the Dec. 8 regular release, 230 cases of Claystone '05 are coming out.

Without revealing TOO much, all I can say is that there are VERY minute quantities of this stuff trickling out... the mags and LGC will only be available at the flagship stores (Rideau St., QQ, Summerhill, Vintages/Mississauga, Weston/401, Bayview Village).

I hope none of this comes across as advertising ... I don't think this wine needs any more press. But to be fair, these wines tasted great out of barrel, but to be even MORE fair, the '06s were even better ...

So who's buying? Big Grin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by MeritageMan:
Tags are same as last year, 25 for the village releases, 35 for the single vineyards, 60 for the Grand Clos.
Mags have not yet been priced.

Enjoyed the Grand Clos a couple of months ago in Montreal, side by side the 2004 Domaine Serene Evanstad.

While quite tasty, my preference goes to the Domaine Serene (purchase price mid $40's). Adding in the 25% price spread (with the currant CND value) and Canadian producers are positioning themselves into some very stiff competition indeed.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.