Your 2018 WOTY and Top 10

It was another great year of sharing fantastic wines and camaraderie with friends, many of whom I had met through Wine Spectator or Cellar Tracker.  Thank you for everyone's generosity.

Many honorable mentions including a '78 Petrus (tpewinedrinker), '96 La Turque and La Mouline, '93 Grange, '91 Togni, '92 Dunn Petite Sirah. 

10. 1999 Chateau de Fonsalette (nyccablover) - Rayas continues to impress me; there entire lineup is fantastic but sadly, more and more people are realizing it as well and are driving up prices.

9. 1982 Brunello? (sarbuze) - the best oldest Brunello I've had to date; I didn't get the name of the producer though.  I don't think they are still around.

8.  2002 Louis Latour Corton-Charlemagne (thirstyman) - from magnum, rich gold color with a mixture of stone and citrus fruit, some minerality, delicious.

7. 2003 Juge Cornas (jorgerunfast) - a real treat to try with some age to it and while I find it still young, 

6. 1990 Henschke Hill of Grace - not your typical Aussie shiraz; elegant and balanced wine with dark, red fruit, savory herbs, and acidity to keep the wine fresh. 

5. 1990 Cos d'Estournel (rackit) - classic Bordeaux, aromatic, velvety, and with a long finish.

4. 1986 Margaux (mc2wines) - similar impressions as the Cos with lighter and with more intensity.

3. 2004 Schrader Old Sparky (SD-Wineaux) - hedonistic but none of the heavy alcohol that I usually pick up from these types of wines.  

2. 1990 Jaboulet La Chapelle (ShaneT?) - apologize if someone else brought this wine; this was fantastic.  This was drank next to some LaLa's, and it clearly stood out above them.   

1. 2009 Romano Dal Forno Valpolicella Superiore Vigneto di Monte Ladoletta (g-man) - I remember swirling and having a sip, and thinking "WOW."  Then I looked at the ABV and did a double-take and sipped again.  Just a superb wine that was uber balanced.    

Original Post