Reply to "Your 2017 WOTY"

This has been a most enjoyable discussion! I am in awe of the memorable experiences that each of you has had this past year, and I expect that in most cases they were made all the better by the company each of you kept while enjoying your wine.

I believe that my most memorable wine experience this past year was in part due to the advice of the members here who encouraged me to spread my proverbial wings and soar towards the vinous sun. In doing so, I discovered the pleasures of Northern Rhone wines. They say that one should start as one means to go on, and so I set the bar high and was able to purchase a bottle of 1990 J.L. Chave Hermitage. This was a true wine epiphany, unlike anything I had tasted before. I have enjoyed a number of Northern Rhone wines since then, and while they have been very good, I fear that I may have spoiled myself. How can any other wine live up to the expectations I have now set? It may be impossible, but I shall continue to try! I can think of worse tasks to undertake. Big Grin

I wish each of you a "fruitful" year of wine experiences.