What a year!
I'm humbled and blessed to have shared most of these with the folks here.
- 1994 Dominus (4 bottles this year, each incredible. If pressed, this is probably my WOTY.)
- 1990 Montrose (A freak of nature, in the running for best wines I have ever tasted.)
- 1984 Diamond Creek Lake (From 3-Liter, a testament to youth preservation in large formats. I'm afraid we'll probably never see another chance at this one, but what a memorable experience. A huge thanks to Patespo for the logistics.)
- 1966 Leoville Las Cases
- 1990 Unico (Courtesy of DoubleD.)
- 2009 MacDonald (Courtesy of Alex. The hype is real.)
- 1987 Dunn Howell Mountain (Surprise, surprise...)
- 1993 Dunn Howell Mountain Petite Sirah (Courtesy of Bomba.)
- 1928 C.V.N.E. Rioja Imperial Gran Reserva (Courtesy of G-man, and the oldest still wine I've ever tasted.)
- 1947 Mouton (Courtesy of TPE. Another huge thanks for hosting the epic event in August.)
- 1959 Calon Segur (Courtesy of WineDrMike).
- 2000 Margaux (Courtesy of WindBill.)
- 1988 Krug
- 1996 Salon (Courtesy of Javachip.)
- 1999 Rene Rostaing La Bonnette Condrieu ($20 auction purchase that still cracks me up.)
- 2000 Sine Qua Non The Boot (Courtesy of Parcival!)
- 2014 Dauvissat-Camus Chablis 1er Cru La Forest (Courtesy of EB56, and the best chard I tasted this year.)
- 2000 Philipponnat Champagne Brut Clos des Goisses (Courtesy of Hungryman.)
- 2006 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne (Courtesy of Gigabit. This paired with his smoked salmon breakfast was pretty special.)