Skip to main content

Reply to "YEAR 1: Tasting Across America Results."

JimmyV- The dollar limit has already been changed in response to Dick's post last month. If you click on the "TAA Explanation" link in my original post you will find that the limit is now $30. However, I personally think a higher price will lead to less participation. Notwithstanding this fact, I would like to see 1 or maybe 2 TAA's in the $30 range per year even if fewer participate because it (1) appeals to those members who do not participate because lower priced wines do not interest them and (2) higher priced wines should be of better quality and therefore it is more exciting. However, extra care should be taken to assure that these higher priced wines are truly worth a TAA selection.

I would also point out that the preference that TAA wines not be reviewed has also been relaxed. Although unreviewed wines are better, in my opinion, a Host may pick a TAA wine that has been reviewed. It is up to them.

Lastly, I will say that in my opinion a good turnout is 20+ members. If a host wanted to really increase participation he/she should do the following:

1) Pick a wine with VERY high production but then quality will suffer.
2) Keep the TAA thread at the top of the page as a reminder.

VM