Skip to main content

Reply to "YEAR 1: Tasting Across America Results."

You missed my point. Of course one can find good wine for less than $20. But finding a SPECIFIC wine selected for the TAA is what's at issue. When the host has to choose an unreviewed bottle that sells for less than $20, the field gets narrowed to the point of useless. Now, if the TAA were done by category instead of specific wine, things might be different. So if everyone were to try an Aussie Chard that they bought for less than $20, then we might get alot of participation, albeit, reviewing numerous wines.

With respect to your point that my rant comes up every month, well, that sort of is my point. If these ideas come up so often, why don't we do something about it?

And lastly, with regard to my numbers being "ridiculous", they are what they are. I'll admit that I was guess-timating at the 2,500 member number, but if I actually think that is low. And what is an "active" member. To me, it is someone who has registered and scans the posts somewhat regularly. There are now over 4,500 registered members. To think that 2,500 of them are "active" is not a stretch. But even if you drop the number to 1,000 my point is still solid.

I would ask that you think about my earlier statement:
"Either this is an idea that most people are not interested in, in which case it should die, or it should be altered to assure broader participation."

The average participation is 14.1 people per wine. Do you think there is general apathy toward the whole idea, or should something be changed? Answer this question first, and then jump down my throat.
Last edited {1}