Skip to main content

Reply to "Winterlicious Gala Dinner - 360 Restaurant at the CN Tower, Toronto"

Last year we took our daughter to dinner at the CN Tower for the 'family' celebration of her 8th birthday. I resisted the choice because I don't believe that you get quality at restaurants that cater to tourists, and especially ones that rotate and offer a view. That was 2 strikes against it. And then, I remember hearing some rather bad comments about it from people who had been there after it first opened up. Strike three.

However, I was voted down and we went to 360 anyway. And I must say I was quite pleasantly surprised. I had rack of lamb that was very well prepared with good quality meat that tasted like it was fresh (not frozen), and the wine list was also good (although I can't remember specifics now).

I had heard that someone new had taken over the operation of the restaurant recently before we went, and they made a real effort to upgrade the quality. One problem they always had was the cooking had to be done at ground level due to fire safety regulations. Then, it has to be moved up to the restaurant by elevator. All they have at the restaurant level is a serving/warming kitchen (and the rather impressive wine cellar which you saw). However, the cooking arrangement may partly explain why some of your dishes were not as warm as they should be.

Oh, and the bill was about $350 (before tip) for 2 adults, 1 senior plus 2 kids.