Reply to "Wine Dinner with Vino Me and Lady Vino Me"

Yogurt- That is precious. Why do I have the feeling that you are just the person to do the sweeping. Maybe Blue Oval will invite you next time. By the way, you stole my punch line.

Blue Oval- Sorry for the delay in responding but I was out of town until last night. Thanks again for the invite and the great evening. The food and wine was spectacular. I am going to post my notes on the wines individually later so they can be searched and commented on more easily. However, my favorite wine of the evening was the B&H followed by the Heidsieck.

For those of you reading this, Blue Oval did all the cooking and he is an excellent chef. His choice of wines was also impeccable. As you can tell from the line up he was most generous in opening up some fine bottles. He also has a charming wife and great kids.

Here are some general thoughts on the evening:

1) I was disappointed that Blue Oval did not honor the long standing tradition in Southern DuPage County of allowing your guest to choose 1 bottle from the hosts cellar as a gift. Despite the fact that I grew up in the area, he did not believe me that this custom existed. I had my eye on a few gems.

2) Yes the subject of snow shoveling and grass cutting came up. My wife was a very good sport. She would have to be to be married to me.

3) I was presented with a wonderful picture which was hand painted by Blue Oval's son. It was the picture from WS of the man eating at a restaurant in a T-shirt which was used in the Dress Codes column. It was a nice touch.

VM