Skip to main content

Reply to "WHERE Palm Beach & Boca Raton"

Cafe Chardonnay update... Went to CC on Friday night and was impressed. This restaurant had gone down quite a bit in the last few years, but the quality was back up. The wine list continues to be expensive, and expansive (their liquor license is limited to wines, I think, so don't bother trying to get a cocktail). I had a dijon encrusted rack of lamb which was excellent. So, this place goes back on my list (at least for the time being).

Le Mistral - gets a big recommendation. This is a tiny little French restaurant in a strip-mall in North Palm Beach. Traditional French cooking, very affordable and delicious. They have an ala carte menu, a 3 course menu, and a 4 course menu. The 3 course menu runs about $30 per person (which is what the main course would cost at Cafe Chardonnay). Classic dishes like coq au vin, roasted duck, lamb tenderloin, and veal filet mignon. The wine list is limited, but very affordable. They also allow BYO for $20 corkage. You'd never find this place unless someone recommended it to you - consider it recommended.