Skip to main content

Reply to "What Stocks do you like right now?"

robsutherland posted:

And here I thought you were Bill Washington for a second! I was going to remind him that public advice is a silly thing to do in our industry and he should know better. It's also why I don't post in this thread and just roll my eyes at half of it instead!

who is bill washington??

heh, there's nothing wrong with the tips/suggestions, i personally find it incredibly helpful to branch out in other areas, but obviously do your own due diligence and dont gamble what you can't lose.  I've definitely been enlightened with ideas that i may not see that someone else brings to light so even if i disagree, i try not to ever poo poo any idea.  (not easy to maintain though).

As with the current market, I'm still of the mind you buy into the rumors and you sell into the news. Trump may start a trade war, but at the macro level (if you're doing only index) it's a good oppurtunity to get in short term and get out as soon as it pops.

I do feel inevitably, folks are going to have enough of this nonsense and then the bears will come on in force.  That'd be a frightening day.