Reply to "What Stocks do you like right now?"

bfw posted:
g-man posted:

Which one are you?

I don't mind  your suggestions, except you dont particular back up much of your commentary at times.  Like i mentioned, I dont mind hearing a different point of view, but your responses all sound like a boiler room sales pitch looking to sell the next penny stock.

As with credentials, I've been on the street for almost 20 years in various capacities.  I've actually worked at every large cap investment bank within the trading and risk areas except citibank.

Gman,

I am none of those individuals. Shaw is the fellow who recommended VLE.to to me many moons ago. His investment strategy is similar to mine. 

We look for asymmetric risk with significant upside and limited downside. This results in some bets being losses (small caps withering or ceasing to exist for example) and others growing significantly (VLE, THERF, numerous O&G takeovers etc).

The main premise is that as long as I can get 2 1000% gainers out of 10 investments, the other 8 don’t matter. I’ve been doing this for about 25 years and first started investing in the late 80s (my father was a broker and I vividly recall the 87 crash).

Lately, I’ve been working my way in to some PP’s and private investments. Energy has been an interest for me since 2008 fwiw.

So, basically, I’ll invest any time I think there is asymmetric risk. This is why I bought plenty of CJ.to when it was yielding around 10% because that yield was sustainable at WTI $47.

Anyway, that is my story as an individual investor who spends too much time on the markets

bfw

And here I thought you were Bill Washington for a second! I was going to remind him that public advice is a silly thing to do in our industry and he should know better. It's also why I don't post in this thread and just roll my eyes at half of it instead!