Skip to main content

Reply to "What Stocks do you like right now?"

g-man posted:
bfw posted:
g-man posted:
heh not saying they aren't legit,

but that sounds totally like a boiler room type of trade.

hopeuflly he's more correct than goldman predicting Brent @ 80$/barrel in the short term

Hey Gman,

Do you remember writing this a few short months ago

You do know that Brent hit over $80 right

Looks like Goldman had the last laugh on that prediction.

bfw

bfw posted:

"Perhaps Goldman is anticipating this with their recent call for Brent to hit $82."

The call from goldman was brent to hit 82.  It went an intraday of 80.5 like 3 days ago before promptly dropping and closing at 79.80, then took the next few days to hit 76.44 because as I've said, people are underestimating US production which I was spot on about.  Political tensions is what causes the recent run up and unfortunately I can't control the big orange idiot in office so I can only buy on the rumors and sell on the actual news in this market environment.

So I took BP from 41 and up fro the ride at 47, and sold as soon as I saw the US production numbers.

But Sir, I've been far more accurate on oil predictions than anything you've been saying so far =)

How's your blogger's trade idea working out right now?

Gman,

41 to 47 on BP

Congrats lol. Check the charts on BTE, CJ.to (big yield as well) etc that I mentioned here in the last 8 weeks. Your pick underperformed badly. I’m glad you made cash but let’s be real. Your call on oil was wrong (you laughed at $80 Brent which was already hit in May!) and your choice of equity was  inferior.

As for THERF, my 5000% gain in the last few years is tough to beat.

As for VLE.to, I added some this past week. My average is well below $0.80 so I’m still doing ok there. It will likely drift until they start drilling again in the Fall. Erdogan’s politics are not helping. It was nice to see the CEO buying in the open market on Friday.

Finally, I figured you’d play the political angle with oil. The drop this past week was more to do with OPEC than US production. That being said, you may want to look up Midland/Permian WTI differentials and transport bottlenecks before you book huge US production increases from here.

So, I’m bearish short term on oil but bullish medium to long term.

bfw