quote:
Originally posted by WineTrooper:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by bfw:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
just like how how oil is going to reach 80$?

reading and blindly believing goldman feels intellectually lazy to me =)

Easy there Smile

Perhaps we should discuss the NKTR that you were crowing about lol! $93 to $73 in a few short days. While VLE is up over 10%...hmmm.

I am not directly long oil as I mentioned. I am long some oil equities. They are
mostly down in the correction with everything else. I believe you will see some sector rotation once the S&P and Nasdaq finish their correction. That remains to be seen...

As for Goldman, I am always wary of their calls...I’ve been investing for a long time...but I do fundamental research on the oil markets and I believe you will see them tighter by the end of the year.

Bfw

oh i've been selling every single gain/pop i've got this week. so NKTR was stilla great trade since winetrooper suggested it at 72$ and that was a nice 1 week 10% pick up.

I have 0 reason to trust any rally.

but i refuse to go outright short as i dont trust the downside either.

my goal is to try and close out all positions i enter in the day and exit them first thing in the morning.

anyhow i just found the goldman research amusing. They were harping on tuesday to go fully back in and buy all dips.

my big loser this week, unforutnately is BAC. I was rotating some stuff into financials because i'm hoping raising rates will boost bank profits and dividends in the long run. unfortunately, rotated in too soon. very sad.

NKTR is a very long hold for me. So is SGEN.

As for everything else, I’ve closed out most of it. I am now convinced we see another 10% correction/stagnation for a quarter before rising up. I can’t help but think that the end of the low interest rate party could get messy. That might in itself be the Black Swan, even though it seems “normal” and “expected.”

Opportunity will knock soon enough.

I am however curious about emerging markets and commodities for Bfw’s sector rotation. And yes g-man, the banks....how do they not win?

NKTR - great data.

Market pushing it way up.

Congrats!

Bfw