Reply to "What's next after California Cab?"

Thanks for all the input. I looked at recent purchases over the last 3 years, and we've purchased Cabs from 37 wineries. One winery, Vincent Arroyo, has a Petite Sirah that we like as much as their reserve Cab, and both are great. One of our drinking buddies likes the reserve Cab, but doesn't care enough to buy any of their PS. He's a big fan of Bordeaux and Cali Cabs.

We've attended 3 Denver Off-Line Events, the last of which was Pinot centric, and although there were some that were pretty good, none made me want to run out an buy any. The same happened at the Syrah/Shiraz party we hosted, where many good wines were poured, mine being one of the cheapest, a '05 or '06 Mollydooker Carnival of Love, but I don't think I'll be stocking up on any of those poured too soon either.

I'm not saying I won't drink a good wine that isn't a Cab when offered a glass or that I pull out of my cellar, but since we have many years worth of wine in our cellar, I'm having difficulty purchasing anything other than my favorites, which are mostly Cabs. I'll keep trying other wines when offered, but I don't want to miss my next eye opener, when it's right there at the next tasting room I find myself in.