Skip to main content

Reply to "What kind of dog do you have?"

quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490 Mar 20, 2011:
My soft-hearted daughter brought home a puppy about 1 1/2 years ago, that she took from some sketchy kids who had a few of them in a cardboard box. It was about 4-5 weeks old; we thought it was a golden lab at first. Then later the ears rotated toward the front, then popped straight up a week after that. A doggy DNA test revealed that she is Chow, Terrier, Saluki, and Sharpei.
She just looks like a yellow Dingo.

This one has proven herself to be a pain in the butt sometimes, as she is somewhat overprotective of her family & not too friendly at first with other dogs or strangers. But she has also enriched our lives and her new family when my daughter eventually got married and had our two grandsons.
We were worried about what her reaction would be when the first baby came, but she turned into a 24/7 nanny/bodyguard. Nearly wore herself out keeping the boy out of trouble (he's nearly 3 now), but it was funny to see her micromanaging the child rearing. When my wife and I would come over to their house, she'd give us a look like, "These people don't know what the hell they're doing!" (And in truth, she was right. They were clueless.) She's also dispatched 2 rats and 1 bird that found their way inside the house, not to mentioned went after some tweaker poking around the backyard with the intent to steal something.
So she's our hero dog, and we love her.