- that if you pay attention and listen to your friends, there's a whole wide world of affordable, intriguing white wine out there;
- that for the most part (as there are always exceptions to the rule) I like my Barolo younger - more or less in the 12-20 age range;
- that I'm no longer interested in red CdP unless it has serious bottle age, and even then it doesn't really lift my skirt;
- that my tastes have moved up the road to Northern Rhone, and I can't get enough of bloody raw meat and bacon fat;
- that I'm a fan of autolytics in my Champagne;
- that I could drink Champagne every night of the week;
- that I have a serious wine-buying problem.
A partial list of what I've learned: