Skip to main content

Reply to "What distilled beverage are you drinking?"

quote:
Originally posted by Armani Widowmaker:
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
Cragganmore 29 special edition

Sir, you have tremendous access to some beautiful malts and cognacs. Are they all out of your collection (I believe I read somewhere here that you have over 700 bottles)? If so, nice work on building such a fine cellar. I've been a malt enthusiast for years but have only been collecting recently. 700 bottles seems a long way off for me. Again, kudos.

How was the oldie cragganmore? The entry level official bottling (12 year old, I believe) is always pleasing.

700 bottles? That sounds wine cellar. Nah, it's about 100 bottles of Malt and Cognac. I've brought some directly from Scotland, some years ago, like that Cragganmore 29. But then there are several great shops around here, one that carries >500 different Malt Whiskys and organizes tastings with some distillery representants.

The Cragganmore 29 was intriguingly complex, despite no help from peat and sherry. Typical Cragganmore balance, like the 12, but in a totally different league of complexity and power. I think it will need a lot more tastings to fully explore.