Skip to main content

Reply to "What did you have for lunch?"

quote:
Originally posted by spo:
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
I had my first Five Guys experience a few weeks ago at the urging of some co-workers - "It's the best burger ever" blah blah blah. I had the same as you -small burger and split a fries. I found the food thoroughly average. At 12:30 on a Friday, the place was near empty.

I couldn't help thinking 5G may suffer the same fate as Krispy Kreme did in Canada - lots of hoopla, rapid expansion, bankruptcy, rapid contraction.

Same thing happened here with Krispy Kreme, and Five Guys appears to be following the same path. They're opening an In-N-Out Burger in one of the suburbs soon and I'm predicting the same fate for them as well...

I love the fries at 5 Guys with cajun spice. The burger, the meat in particular is strangely dull. Confused Don't know how they managed that. Burger, fries and a coke is $12 and the experience does not warrant it. However would go in just for fries.

In N Out beats every fast food burger place I can think of and is my favorite spot when traveling. The fries are only average though. In N Out's success makes sense to me.

Funny, I was wondering what happened to KK...For burger chains, I prefer South St. Really good toppings on offer...