Skip to main content

Reply to "What did you have for lunch?"

With work slowing down for the holidays, my wife and I were able to sneak away for a long lunch today. We have been trying to get out to Chez Bruce in Wandsworth for awhile now and lunch was the easiest way to secure a table. We each started with a refreshing glass of the house champagne while reviewing the menu. My first course was a foie gras and chicken liver parfait with toasted brioche and it was simply wonderful. There was a nice apple jelly that provided the perfect hint of sweetness to go with the rich and creamy pate. Outstanding. For my main, I had a tender pork belly with a mustard sauce, roasted potatoes, shallots and a caramelized apple. Flavors were spot on and a great pair with the 2001 Domaine le Sang des Cailloux Vacqueyras “Cuvee Lopy”. My first experience with this wine and I was impressed. Mrs. Glennk started with a saffron and king prawn risotto and then a fancied up boeuf bourguignon. Chez Bruce lived up to expectations and some.

If it wasn’t for a couple of conference calls this afternoon, I would we napping on the couch alongside Mrs. Glennk Smile