Reply to "What concerts have you been to lately?"

steve8 posted:

Went to see James, The Psychedelic Furs and The Killers on Sunday pm.

James was hands down the best of the three. A shame the set was only one hour as they didn't play everything I would have liked to hear.

The Furs...appalling. These guys used to be a guitar band. Now it's the Richard Butler show with a single guitarist on mute and everything sounding like their bigger hits which were total sell outs anyway.  Pretty in Pink was neutered to the point I wasn't even sure that's what it was when they started playing it. They finished with India, which was easily the best performance of their set, but too little, too late. This ruined my memory of the show I saw in 1982 at The Concert Hall in Toronto.

The Killers. Not that familiar with them and that's the way it's going to stay. Way too slick for me. The drummer is pretty good though.

How is it possible to not be that familiar with the Killers?  Like them or not, they are one of the biggest bands (probably with Coldplay) of the last 15 years

Mr Brightside is one of the best songs of the 2000s in my opinion - and is a perfect driving/running song - and one it is difficult to avoid