Reply to "What concerts have you been to lately?"

FYI, here was the trick to getting on the floor for this and often others. A lot of bands have started doing fan club presales and they did as well. It was $50 to join and it gave you the right to buy 2 pre-sale tickets for any show. The floor general admission tickets were actually the cheapest tickets ($80) but the hardest to get. With ticketing fees and joining the fan club it worked out to about $115/ticket. The hitch was there were no physical tickets. The purchaser had to show up with their ID and the credit card used to purchase the ticket. Once you got there you identified yourself, got wristbands and had to walk right in. You could bring the guest of your choice with your second ticket. This limited scalping and ensured long time fans were down front instead of those with the most $$$. I joined the fan club twice (Once with my personal email and once with my business email) and used two different credit cards to pay (to make sure I didnt have any issues). I bought my tickets the moment they went on sale to make sure I could get floor seats. It worked like a charm. I had several friends do the same thing with the same result.

The nice thing about the floor seats for this show was they did not oversell it. There was plenty of room to enjoy it and move around. For the first show with my son we went back and forth between front and remote stage when they shifted. For the second show with my best friend we got very, very close and stayed there the whole time. There were separate bars and bathrooms for the floor also. It was all very professionally done.

For future major concert events that you really want to go to, check into whether there are fan club pre-sales. I saw the Stones in Anaheim two years ago for $80 on the floor this way also.