Skip to main content

Reply to "What cocktails are you making"

quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Last night sitting at the bar, the conversation turned to drinks we all used to drink when in college in the 80's. The bartender started making several of the drinks, and next thing we know we were sipping on Sloe Gin Fizz, Stawberry Strippers, Ammaretto Stone Sour and Fuzzy Navels.

I used to drink beer almost exclusively in college with a few of the above mixed in occasionally. It was a trip down memory lane for sure, but my have the taste buds changed over the years. Give me the good stuff these days...

Never heard of a Strawberry Stripper or an Amaretto Stone Sour (I know the regular sour) - just googled them. Man those look disgusting. Wow the things we all drank in collage...pass the Popov lol

They were pretty bad, but the Strawberry Stripper tasted like a strawberry Starburst. I've had worse tasting drinks.

Hmmmm, 80's drinks I had back in the actual 80's. How about:

Fuzzy Navel (Yeah, I had my share of those.)
Jagermeister shots (Don't, just don't.)
Bartle's & James Wine Coolers (Oh god, I drank gallons of this sugary swill sitting next to the pool at my apartment building.)
Kamakazi (equal parts vodka, triple sec, lime juice. Probably not as good as I remember. Of course, I'd seldom remember anything after a few of those.)
Long Island Ice Tea (Basically a spodie w/o the fruit juice, for the post college crowd.)
White Russian (first legal drink I ever ordered. Hated it, but drank it anyway.)
Blue Seahawk (similar to a Blue Hawaii, I think. But after several of those, most of it ended up staining the wife's white bathroom, so I never had another. Red Face )
Sex on the Beach (this was a drink that you only ordered if you wanted to start up a conversation with the girl next to you at the bar. See: Slow, Comfortable Screw Against the Wall.)
Slippery Nipple (not as good as it sounds. )
B-52's (Layered drinks were all the rage.)
Bailey's Rocks (the perfect drink to wind down the evening, while you fumbled for your credit card.)
Last edited by mneeley490