Skip to main content

Reply to "What car are you buying/test driving?"

Finally decided to give up my beloved 2000 Jeep Cherokee 4WD, after my mechanic told me that the next time I bring it in, he many not be able to find parts for it. He had to search far and wide last Spring for a manifold to fit it. It was a 2-door manual, and a bit of an rarity, parts-wise, and the OEM parts he ordered somehow wouldn't fit.  That car was sooo fun to drive in the snow! When I sold it to a dealer and I was walking away, I was feeling pangs of regret, like I'd just sold the family dog.  But there were already 2 sales people fighting over which would buy it, so I guess it went to a good home.

From that, I transitioned to a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T, 5.7 Hemi with very low miles, and all the bells and whistles. Found it online down in San Fernando, California, and flew down from Seattle one Saturday to pick it up. Silver color, which was not my first choice (I was looking for something far more obnoxious), but it has a fantastic premium red leather interior. What a great drive up the coast! I was never a gear-head, but I find I'm having fun finding after-market mods to improve the looks and horsepower bit by bit. So sorry, place that I work; I'm not going to be your savior this year when it snows.

Last edited by mneeley490