Reply to "What BEER are you drinking?"

vint posted:

2013 Goose Island Sofie.

A sucker for following directions, I put this in the cellar about four years ago because the label states "Develops in the bottle for up to five years".  After popping the cap and soaking a wide swath of counter and floor with the resulting foam volcano, I eventually got the bottle safely over the sink.  When the froth finally subsided, about half the bottle was left.  The underside of the crown cap is not pretty - the plastic liner was bubbling and discoloured. Photo attached for those with strong stomachs.

Somewhat against my better judgment, I'm drinking a glass of it now. First impression is the striking similarity to a skin-fermented white wine.  Funky, leesy, aromas of hay and citrus and more than a hint of sweaty feet. Still has a nice acid kick and something nutty, like almond on the finish.  It's kind of growing on me. I just hope, given that grotty cap, it's not also growing inside me.  

VinT hasn't posted since Dec. 6th. Has anyone seen or heard from him since then? That capsule did look nasty.

Last night I had a La Fabrique, IPA, Esperanza. Yowza. 7.5% abv. No IBU given, but it's very bitter. Thumbs up if you like bitter grapefruit styled IPA.