Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
For this evening with friends

- NV Henri Billiot Champagne Cuvée Julie
- 2010 Penfolds Chardonnay Yattarna
- 2001 D'Arenberg Shiraz The Dead Arm
- 2008 Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Evenstad Reserve

Plus whatever wine they bring as well; I'm betting that it will be Australian.

bman?

A good guess, but no. I'm up next week. And Seaquam knows I'm not really a pn guy, and that the only vertical I own is Dead Arm (back to 2000, for those keeping score) so I'm guessing he'll be standing other bottles.

I'm bringing a port.... (no, really??!! Wink)

Despite being a logical assumption, w+a, it is true that the bman is not on our calendar until next week. Smile And I have never forgotten the look of sheer horror on his face long ago when I offered him a glass of Pinot Noir. It is not something I would ever care to repeat. Nor would I dare serve him a wine with bubbles, which would also be a serious [though inexplicable] affront to his sensibilities.

Tonight one of my bride's best friends came to town from the Okanagan to pick up her husband who was returning from a business trip to Australia.

The Dead Arm was WOTN. The Champagne was a bit disappointing, not much mousse and just slightly oxidized, apparently past prime I believe. We also had a bottle of very fine 2011 Weinbach Pinot Gris Altenbourg at the restaurant, a wine I would be happy to buy again.