quote:Originally posted by VinCentric:quote:Originally posted by g-man:quote:Originally posted by PurpleHaze:quote:Originally posted by g-man:quote:Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
No harm at all.
i stand it so i get that nasty petrol up on the top and hopefully it blows off when i pop the cork!
Petrol in Sauternes?
yea definitely the older ones especially get that petrol stink that I don't enjoy
it smells like too much sulfur was dumped in the wine
That's a new one for me. I've picked up molasses, burnt sugar, spice, from the darker ones; light, diminished fruit from the lighter ones, and caramel, fruit, spice... from those in between - but never petrol from an older Sauternes.
i certainly may be drinking the wrong ones. oldest one i've had was a chateau de malle from 58. It was ... interesting.