Reply to "What are you listening to....... right now..........."

The Old Man posted:

Live Cream Volume II. I've always found this a problematic album. I can never decide if the audio is awful or amazing. Tom Dowd did an amazing job recording a power group with the technology of the day. It's obviously was a money grab album which didn't even come out until 4 years after the performance (and about 4 years after they broke up.)

However I listened to it a few nights ago and it reaffirmed the following:

No greater rock drummer than Ginger Baker (who died this year.)

No greater rock bass player than Jack Bruce.

And Clapton is Clapton.

Also the live version of Deserted Cities of the Heart is quite incredible. The drum and guitar duet that Clapton and Baker do on Steppin' Out reminds me of the the amazing live interplay of John Coltrane and Elvin Jones. FWIW the song is mislabeled, and misattributed, on the original pressing as Hideaway by King and Sonny Thompson. I have that LP and because I didn't listen to it much it's in perfect condition (the cover is not.) However my B&O turntable gave up the ghost over 20 years ago and I never replaced it.

No greater rock drummer than Ginger Baker (who died this year.) Wrong old man...that would be Neil Peart

No greater rock bass player than Jack Bruce. Wrong again...that would be Geddy Lee

Both my personal opinion. But I am sure I have people that agree.

Happy New year to you, sincerely.  I will say one thing that I think you will agree with, the music of today simply sucks.