Skip to main content

Reply to "Vaynerchuck or Parker?"

quote:
Originally posted by dr.darkrichandbold:
In this scenairio, I would potentially comment that if you can't afford to try it, you can't afford to buy it. And, this is not meant to be an attack.

So anyone who cannot afford a case of wine for $2400 shouldn't buy two bottles? That's a great outlook...I wonder why people think wine enthusiasts are snobs.

A lot of people buy a bottle or two of wines that are that pricey as most people don't want to spend that much on a single case of wine. I'm a young, aspiring collector - why should I commit to large quantities of a few wines I may like when there are so many things out there that I haven't tried yet?

By the time some of my purchases reach their peak in 10-15 years, I'll be turning 40, will be long done with graduate school, and can worry about only buying things I've tried or know I'll love then. For now, a lot of the fun is trying anything and everything at all price ranges. I rarely buy more than 2-3 bottles of any single wine- there is so much great juice out there I don't want to miss out on any of it.

I didn't take your statement as a personal attack, just surprised someone would honestly believe that the only way to buy wine is once you've tasted it...how about futures or low-allocation mailing lists? Do you try all of these before you buy them?