Skip to main content

Reply to "Vaynerchuck or Parker?"

quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
With that said, people trusting Gary’s scores as totally unbiased and objective are fooling themselves in my opinion. The guy is reviewing wines from his store non-blind. How can he put all of that out of his mind, I know I couldn’t? And I know he has panned wines on the show, but it’s easy to pan silver oak because it is still going to sell out anyway. Now I’m not saying he would intentionally over rate a wine to boost sales, I’m just saying there is no way he can be 100% objective.

Point well taken on the Silver Oak. And if that genre were the only wines that he panned that he also sold, I would share your skepticism. But how do you account for the wines that he sells where he says something like, "RP gave this one a '92' and I think he totally missed it. I'm giving this one a major pass."?

You really don't have to watch very long to come across this kind of note from GV. He's done this enough times to convince me that he's no less objective than anyone else you can throw out there. The fact that you or I might have difficulty with that is irrelevant.

- Senator