Skip to main content

Reply to "Ultra high-end mattresses"

We have a Hastens Superia II and I've slept many nights on a vi-spring of some type.

The Hastens is AMAZING. Let me put it to you this way. Our bed doesn't fit up the stairs. We found that out AFTER we bought it (and it wasn't returnable). It sat in our front hall for 4 months while I tried to figure out what to do. We ended up having to take out a window (not the glass, the window, frame & stone lintel) so that a crane could hoist the bed in.

It was worth it.

A lot of it is due to the topper, we upgraded to the better one than the Superia came with. A lot of people don't sleep with the topper at all and I know people that have bought the $1k plus topper and up it on a memory foam bed. To each their own. But despite the extra maintanance of the topper and the bed, when it's just right it's perfect.

The thing with the topper is the bed is almost never hot. It breathes realy well.

The vi-Spring bed felt like a really wonderful feather mattress. Really nice for a weeke-nd but not something I would want every night. The Hastens, I sigh every night when I get into it.