Reply to "TN: 2006 Fontodi Flaccianello della Pieve Colli della Toscana Centrale IGT"

quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Jochems- I've had the '97 and the '01 on more than one occasion. However, though I hold case of the '04 I've never tasted it so can not compare.

I will say that, compared to the earlier vintages, this vintage is showing the structure and profile of its siblings. I attribute much of what I refer to in my TN to its freshness. Hours in the bottle reflected more of the coffee and darker fruit. As I mentioned, this wine continued to evolve in glass rapidly over a 4 hour period. A big, dense wine right now.

Familiar your palate regarding other Italians you fancy, I'd think this one is well within your 'desirable' zone and you might be well disappointed not picking up a few.

I had this last night. Wonderful bottle of wine and concur with Mimik/KSCO2 et al....the coffee/espresso character intensified as it sat in the glass. I have had the 2001 and my opinion is the 06' will out shine it. The 01' is lovely but this bottle will develop into something really special.