A friend scored a good load of fresh black truffles from a local restaurant, so Saturday I was volunteered to do a little dinner.
- black truffle salami
- black truffle Manchego (had not seen this before, but man! is it good)
- scrambled eggs with with a bit of green onion, sour cream, topped with truffle oil, lots of shaved truffle
- sautéed wild-foraged chanterelles, sautéed in butter with shallots, finished with Madeira and heavy cream
- spaghetti tossed with my best olive oil, touch of garlic and bit of grated Parmesan, slices of duck sausage, LOTS of shaved black truffle
- sour cherry pie (purchased, and excellent)
And someone else did the dishes for me! 😋
Wines posted in What Are You Drinking thread, but all in all, a special night for us. Hope all of you are also finding opportunities to have nice evenings with good friends during these strangest of times!