Reply to "Storing Opened Bottles"

Agree with GregT . . . the vacuvin pumps you see in the store are essentially worthless as are the aerosol cans of argon gas (Wine Preserver is one brand name I think)

Coravin is the best way to go IMO, but it's quite an investment ($299 + replacement argon cartridges as needed). If you're frequently finding yourself with half empty bottles of nice wine, the Coravin will help extend the life of these wines almost "indefinitely." I've had wines Coravined for over 12 months and when re-opened they are identical to unopened bottles

Cooks Illustrated did a review of commonly available wine savers last June. If you have an online subscription you can see the article here
Cooks Illustrated Wine Savers Article

In the Cooks Illustrated article, they identified Coravin as the clear winner - though have inaccurately labeled this as "recalled". Long story on why they did that, but for me the device has been perfectly functional and safe going on 2 years and Coravin has added some "precaution equipment" to all new shipments. Another device that performed well was called "Air Cork the wine preserver." I've never heard of that but CI says it can store wine effectively for 1 month and is fairly low cost