Reply to "Stephen Strasburg being shut down"

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Pretty safe assumption these days, don't you think?

PH

Not when it comes to my beloved Warriors! The training staff has been called into question by the players themselves. In the NBA, the Lakers and Suns are widely regarded as having the best training staffs. Not sure about MLB though.

Just downright inexcuseable. If the players are indeed correct. Forget the moral implications, it's just bad business to not have top-notch medical staff with an investment of this size.

Frank Jobe was apparently involved in the rehab and shutdown recommendations for Strasburg. I think it's safe to say that he's qualified.

PH

I agree 110% about it being bad business to have anything but the best training staff. Greg Oden was being pushed by the Blazers training staff to come back early from his significant knee injuries, even as other teams' trainers were pulling him aside and saying they were jeapoardizing his career.

Has Dr. James Andrews been involved in Strasburg's surgery and rehabilitation? He appears to be the preeminent authority on athlete shoulder and elbow injuries. Just curious.